Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I have retired

ITEM ONE

First, I am redirecting my The Written Word domain to this page until the domain expires (years from now), because I have retired from freelance writing, editing and consulting. My trade name runs out sometime in 2018. I kept my commercial archives of client manuscripts, etc., for two years.  I quit accepting new customers for academic editing in 2009, and new job search clients, the fall of 2012.

Aside from miscellaneous short personal jobs for three friends, I no longer have other people's manuscripts/job search, &c., on my archive/backup disk. Nada!

Second, we dropped our landlines a while back, and so are reliant on email and cell phones for communication. I would recommend email, since I pretty much keep my cell phone on Do Not Disturb. As senior citizens we are on everyone's commercial call lists, and I cannot write poetry when I am being interrupted by telephone spam.

No comments: