Sunday, June 15, 2014

Spring Health and Related Updates

The final retirement process, begun in late summer of 2012, is sticking. In April of this year, I put my volunteer work on hold, also, and am making progress on the health/breathing thing. My sleep patterns are finally pulling back into some semblance of order; since the summer of 2011, I had been sleeping in 1.5 to 3-hour naps. Now, the dog wakes me up when it's time for breakfast, and I can go back to sleep and finish out the "night".  I am feeling much more physically grounded, my calf muscles are starting to relax, I am not napping all the time (although I still take a nap in the middle of the day), and my feet and legs have quit tingling.

The change that started when I started using a nebulizer instead of an inhaler, that is, reducing the need for a dose of albuterol from morning and evening to once every one to five days, has resulted from concentrating on the (not quite) anemia. I've been taking an iron supplement (and a 4-hour OTC antihistamine tablet) when I wake up. Not quite effusive, yet, but I have started writing, again, to a few friends. And thinking. One must not discount the effects of adding thinking to the processes.

I have begun continued the compartmentalization process, which actually has helped with my writing. When a come to something I want to write down, I have a specific space (blog, web page) in which to write it. Because the writing is for me, rather than for someone else. Writing has always played an important part in my thinking process. Becoming ill from the fumes given off by paper and ink, even when it's not all paper and all inks, is behind quite a few changes in my life. A slow-growing cataract in one eye hasn't helped much. At least I have an ebook library in place, begun in the 1990s. The photography hasn't been affected, as far as I know; I don't look at or work with a photo for hours at a stretch, so it doesn't contribute to the eye strain.

I had thought to address the changes in web site domains and uses, but I think I'll address breakfast, now, instead.

Liz


1 comment:

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Sounds like the shift to retirement is progressing nicely. I'm glad. {SMILE}

Anne Elizabeth Baldwin